Buck Busters Premium Mix with Chicory and Plantain
12 Months Forage Production
Planting Recommendations for Buck Busters® Premium Seed Mixes
A mix that combines all the same ingredients as our basic mix with the addition of chicory, plantain and Arrowleaf clover. These perennials will produce all winter and all through the hot summer for 12 months of forage production for deer. It also provides habitat for turkey and upland game birds, such as pheasants and quail.
- Optimum planting time in most locations in
the southeast is Sept. 1 - Nov. 1 but can be
planted earlier or later in more northern and
southern locations. Plant 60 days before first
average frost date in fall.
- Planting rate is 50 lbs. per acre.
- Soil tests are recommended. A pH of 6.0 -
7.0 is desirable.
- Soil should be well tilled and seeds should
be lightly covered 1/4 - 1/2 inch deep.
- 5. No till instructions: fair to good results can be obtained with no till. Burn down with Glyphosate or any other burn-down herbicide (desirable but not critical), bush hog as low to the ground as possible, seed through the sod or use grain drill, fertilize as recommended.
- Fertilizer recommendations per acre
13-13-13 .................100-200 lbs.
and 30-60 days later
Ammonium Nitrate or
Urea (critical) .........100-200 lbs.
NOTE: Do not mix seed and fertilizer in the hopper together. Broadcast seed,
fertilize, and then cover.
- Fertilizer recommendations Spring:
Fertilize again as spring green up begins.
50 lbs. per acre of Ammonium Nitrate or
|Chicory Plant found in Premium Mix|